Introduction- Recap from Last Sunday Service- 30 April, 2017
There are two things to any challenge:
1. God wants to promote you
2. By reason of your sins
– When that challenge is for promotion, learn what God needs you to learn quickly and get promoted.
– When that challenge is by reason of your sin, examine yourselves and repent.
Points to note:
You need to have a personal revelation of Who JESUS Christ is.
The knowledge of Who JESUS Christ is must come by revelation.
– If you want to be of service to God, you must serve.
N.B- Joshua served Moses for about 40 years.
– You must be willing to serve and learn the character of Christ.
N.B- Let us rest. It is not how anxious you are that will bring about deliverance from the challenges of life. It is by your belief in Jesus Christ, your trust in Jesus Christ and your faith in the Word of God.
A Proof of the Ministry of Paul the Apostle:
Note- Not of men (in verse 1) means, not from Bible school; not from the doctrines of men.
“If you go along with this present evil world, you will kill yourself before your time.”
– Don’t run their race.
When the Holy Ghost dwells in you, and you know God by revelation, you will not be tossed around by every doctrine.
Lessons from the life of Apostle Paul:
N.B- You must be zealous for the truth, even in the age we are.
It is not what your father, or any archbishop told you about Jesus. It is what the Lord reveals unto you about Himself.
– Paul was called to preach Christ among the heathen. Heathen means Gentiles.
N.B- You must have the Holy Ghost. That Holy Ghost is God in you.
– Every person must have that encounter with Christ. You can see the testimony of Paul.
“We all must have that testimony.”
N.B- Paul became the first Prophet Messenger to lay the foundation for the Gentile age.
Reiteration from the Bible Study:
Know your portion in the Word of God. Because Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
Pentecost is Power! When Pentecost fell, power came.
– A fisherman- Peter- could boldly speak the Word of God.
See Acts chapter 2:1-47
Topic: Words of Encouragement
Points to note:
Once you have the mark of Christ, you are a target of the enemy.
– But the enemy will always miss you in Jesus Name.
This journey is a battle. You need to stand your ground and be determined that you will overcome.
“It is a determination.”
– You can only overcome in Christ. Take Christ with you.
N.B- Don’t stray from God for a split second, it could be dangerous
“Brothers and Sisters, look at God’s promises in the Bible and hold on to them.”
All the testimonies of the Bible are borne out of experience.
“You prove God by experience.”
– So long as it has worked for one. It will work for you.
N.B- Prove God by His Word.
When God sees the honesty in you. He will act.
Case studies in the Bible:
1. Moses- God told him to speak to the Red Sea
2. Abraham- God gave Him a child according to His promise
Genesis 15:1-6; 18:1-15; 21:1-5
3. Elijah- God sent him to a widow during the drought
1 Kings 17:1-16
– The more the enemy tries to be wicked to you, the more you get promoted from the victory God will give you.
Don’t be a wicked person.
N.B- Don’t payback wickedness with wickedness. Leave am for God.
“Whatever the evil the enemy has planned, you will get double in the opposite in Jesus Name.”
Don’t be between two opinions. That’s where the danger lies.
Always watch the company you keep.
– When God is with you, right from your birth, God will be guiding you.
“Leave am for God.”
N.B- Learn to appreciate God, no matter the situation.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
– Whoever offends you. Forgive.
Pray for the grace to forgive your enemies.
N.B- Gentiles here in verse 3 means ‘your enemies’.
To God be the Glory for all His promises unto us.
Go in the world and excel and shine.
The Lord has come and the glory of the Lord is upon you.
– Deliver yourself from fear. Fear is the opposite of faith.
Once you are delivered from the fear the devil uses. You have overcome.
Take the yoke of Christ upon you. Amen.
Do follow the messages via our social media platforms:
Facebook: The Saviour’s Bride Mission